Saturday, October 26, 2013

Sao Nam, Vietnamese food in Kuala Lumpur.

I was searching online for Vietnamese food in Kuala Lumpur city centre and found Sao Nam near Bukit Bintang.  The location was perfect for me as I like to shop in Bukit Bintang area.

4 of us went for lunch on a bank holiday afternoon, a few tables were occupied by foreigners and I already had a bad feeling.  After tasting the food, all of us were quite disappointed.  The lesson that I learnt from that meal was: do not fully trust the reviews on internet especially reviews written by non Asian on Asian food.




 The restaurant is in an old colonial style building.



Plant and decoration next to our table.



 This springroll was my favourite dish of the day.




 Prawn Vietnamese springroll, nothing special.



 Duck in tamarind sauce, the sauce was too sweet.



 Prawn curry, again nothing special.




 Tasteless eggplant.


No comments:

Post a Comment