Sunday, June 30, 2013

Puratapa, excellent modern Spanish tapas.

My weekend started with great food at Puratapa in Torreguardiaro.  I have been to the restaurant for many occassions and I enjoyed all the time.  Puratapa serves modern and inventive tapas with execellent taste and good presentation.  The decoration is modern and the menu is written on the wall.  The restaurant gets very busy on weekends, it is always packed even we arrived not long after they opened at 8pm.

Two of us ordered 10 tapas, 2 tapas were new to us which I was quite dissapointed with, will definately not order them again.  But still it will not affect my impression on Puratapa as they still have many other fantastic food.




 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Tataki Atun, tuna with wasabi caviar.
 
 
 
Mejillones, mussels in white wine sauce.
 
 
 
 
Cuernos Langostinos, fried king prawn in tomato and garlic sauce.
 
 
 
 
Mi-cuit Manzana, duck liver with apple sauce.
 
 
 

Tartar de Salmon, salmon with wasabi caviar.
 
 
 
 
Samorejo, Spanish tomato soup.
 
 
 
Morcilla Manzana, black pudding with caramelized onions.
 
 
 

 Magret Manzana, duck with apple sauce.


 
I liked all the above and my 2 favourites were Mi-cuit Manzana and Tataki Atun.  We ordered the below for the first time which I did not like.
 
 
 
 
Entrana Argentina, beef with chimichurri sauce.  Meat was too tough.
 
 
 
Mollejas de Cordero, lamb sweetbreads with coix seeds.  The texture and taste was just weird.
 
 
 
 
Puratapa
Avd. Mar del Sur s/n, 11312 Torreguadiaro, Sotogrande
 


No comments:

Post a Comment